SMARTCOINBOX PANEL for Domestic Dryer Machine (4 Prong)
ECD137 is ETL-Intertek (5009104) Certified to CSA STD. C22.2 NO. 128. Products that are ETL Listed have been tested at an ETL laboratory and found to meet all applicable Standards for Safety published by relevant NRTL's.
Coin Laundry Conversion for Washer and Dryers
SMARTCOINBOX DRYER PANEL
- Accepts Canada and USA Quarters and $1 coin Canada and tokens
- Industrial Grade NEMA 1 Electrical Panel (11.25 x 10 x 7 in inches)
- COMMERCIAL GRADE - SUPERV HEAVY DUTY
- Unlimited Usage...No Counting Hours
- 46 inches of 10 gauge power cord
- 240VAC, 4 prong, 2 hot + 1 neutral + GND
- Built in receptacle to plug your dryer
- Mechanical Coin Acceptor with Return Lever
- RED LED countdown timer display
- Internal mounting holes for easy installation
- Removable bin for coin collection
- Door hasp/lock hole accepts up less tan 3/8" lock
- Approximately 6 KG in weight
- Master reference coin of $1 Canada or $0.25 USA or CANADA installed
- PROUDLY DESIGNED AND ASSEMBLED IN CANADA
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION:
1. WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
We are located in the heart of Mississauga, Ontario Canada. SmartCoinBoxes are manufactured, sold and serviced in this location.
The location of after sales support is VERY important. You need to know where to bring or whom to call when your coin box needs any repair. Our UNLIMITED help line and email system is 24/7. We are NOT off-shore. No lost in translation. Certified Electrician - technician always on-board available to assist you.
We are 100% Canadian Owned and Operated.
2. Is your product Electrical Safety Compliant?
Yes. SmartCoinBoxes are ETL-INTERTEK certified to CSA Standard 22.2 No. 128. File Number: 5009104. This certification is accepted by Electrical, Home, Fire and Property Insurance Inspector. We only use UL and /or CSA certified components.
3. What coins do you think I can use?
SmartCoinBoxes uses single coin only, either...
Loonie ($1 coin - Canada)
Twoonie ($2 coin - Canada)
Quarter ($0.25 coin - USA / Canada)
Tokens ( SmartCoinBox Supplied)
Our default coin is $2 set fro 60 minutes.
4. I have a 120V washer and 240V electric dryer, what Model will I purchase?
You will need an EDC137 (dryer) and ECW682 (washer).
5. I have a 120V washer and 120V gas dryer, can I use just the ECW682 (washer kit) and plug both washer and dryer in it?
Not exactly. Modern washer draw average 10A and gas dryer average 6.5A. If you add both you will have 10A + 6.5A = 16.5 which exceeds the capacity of the EDC682 which is 15A. Although you may have both appliances currently plug in same duplex wall outlet this is because you may have a conductor of AWG12 which has 20A ampacity OR you may be using a SPLIT receptacle or two circuits of 15A each. Check with your electrician if this is the set-up you have, i.e., AWG12 on your laundry room feed wire from your electrical panel or a split receptacle.
6. Do I need an electrician to install the SmartCoinBoxes?
No. We designed the SmartCoinBox in such a way that no cutting wire or electricians needed. SmartCoinBox is a PLUG and PLAY design.
7. Do you have warranty on SmartCoinBoxes?
Yes. We offer ONE year Parts and Labor Warranty. Client must return and pay for shipping (including return) when they need repair.
8. How will the SmartCoinBox know the cycle selected?
SmartCoinBox is totally independent of the machine cycles. To overcome this problem we recommend making chart as shown below.
Assuming $1 coin for 20 minutes:
ACTUAL CYCLE TIME MEASURED
NUMBER OF COINS INSERTED CONSECUTIVELY
MINUTES ON SMARTCOINBOX
Minutes per coin can be changed.
ONE TYPE OF COIN ACCEPTED: Either a quarter, a loonie, toonie or our supplied tokens.
9. We noticed that your price is a bit high compared to other suppliers. Why?
We always get this question. We know our product by heart. With more than 30 years experience in electrical control industry SmartCoinBox is built to last and we only use years of proven and certified parts that is why we are very confident in providing our loyal customers limited LIFETIME labor warranty. To be fair we have no quarrel with other suppliers either local or offshore. They obviously know how much their product is worth.
10. Can you repair other brand of coin timer boxes?
Yes. Email us with description of the problem and send photos if you can. We reserve the right to refuse repairs though if we think the other brand violated CSA/UL safe method of wiring as well usage of non-conforming parts or a design flaw.
11. Can you tell us more about your after sales support?
Our on-line help and text messaging is open 24/7. Expect replies during business hours only. Our website itself has a troubleshooting help. In most cases our client find the solution to their problem by reading our troubleshooting help. Since SmartCoinBoxes are designed by us, we can diagnose any of its problem in LESS THAN ONE MINUTE!
TIMER SET-UP PROCEDURE
|SmartCoinBox has two types of timers for Models CD and CW as follows:|
3 Button Timer (2012 to 2015)
To make sure that the DEFAULT values are intact and did not make any adjustments by mistake, do the following steps:
Press S3 and HOLD
Display must be 00:01
If not use S1 or S2 to bring it back to 00:01
Wait for few seconds until the display goes back to 00:00
To adjust to desired "minutes",
Press and HOLD S1 to desired minutes
If you exceed your desired "minutes", press S2 to adjust back
Wait for few seconds until the display goes back to 00:00
4 Button Timer (2015 to present)
Press S3 to clear
Press S4 two times (not once)
Press S1 or S2 to adjust to desired minutes
Wait for few seconds for the display to go back to 00:00
Following the procedures above carefully will make minutes adjustment easy and hassle free.
Important: There are default values embedded on the timers memory function that must not be adjusted. If you accidentally adjusted them and cannot get it working again, please contact us for assistance.
TIMER SET-UP OPTIONS:
We currently have 2 options on how you want your tenants pay the usage of your laundry equipment:
OPTION 1 we called "BUY YOUR TIME" set-up or "BYT"
BUY YOUR TIME or BYT is the most popular set-up in all SmartCoinBoxes. Every time the tenants insert a coin the time accumulates. BYT is the default set-up on all our SmartCoinBoxes sold since 2012
... wait!....before you start...a 5 seconds of inactivity on the buttons...will bring back the display to 00:00..you then need start on step 1 again....
1. Press S3 to clear.
2. Press S4 and display must be "01" (01 means ONE coin) if not use S1 or S2 to bring it back to "01"
3. Press S4 again. This is where you enter your desired minutes PER coin...say for example 20 minutes. So ONE coin inserted gives you 20 minutes...add another coin adds another 20 minutes and so on. TENANT must put enough coin to complete the cycle selected. A chart or table with corresponding cycles and run-time helps in determining how many minutes per coin you want to charge your tenants.
4. Wait for few seconds and wait for display 00:00
5. Done! Test your setting.
OPTION 2 we called "PAY ME FIRST" set-up or "PMF"
PAY ME FIRST or PMF is less popular but works better with other landlords. This set-up is also popular on LAUNDROMATS that we cater and build. The concept is requiring your tenant to insert predetermined amount of coin before the timer starts.
For example, Landlord A wants 3 coins inserted first before the timer starts. Assuming Landlord A set the timer already for 40 minutes per coin.
..wait.. before you start...a 5 seconds of inactivity on the buttons...will bring back the display to 00:00..you then need to start on step 1 again..
1. Press S3 to clear
2. Press S4 and set display "03" ( 3 means three coins). If the display is not 03, use S1 or S2 to bring it back to 03.
3. Press S4 again and here you will enter your minutes per 3 coin cycle. Using S1 or S2 bring the display to 40 (meaning 40 minutes). You can select any minutes you want to give your tenants for 3 coins.
4. Wait for the display to go back to 00:00.
5. Done! Test your setting...
IMPORTANT: Your tenant MUST add 3 coins again to ADD 40 minutes...
YOU WANT HOURS:MINUTES instead of MINUTES:SECONDS?
Our timer default is 00:00 or MINUTES:SECONDS with maximum
display time of 99:99. If you think this is not enough you can shift
to HOURS:MINUTES mode by doing as follows:
1. Press hold at the same time S1 and S2 to enter engineering mode (Display 01:01 - Do not touch)
2. Press S4 (Display is 02:03 change this to 02:04 by using S1 or S2
3. Press S3 to save and exit.
You can now set the time desired in HOURS:MINUTES same method when you are setting in minutes:seconds.
Take note that 1 minute = 60 seconds and you will not see any
changes on the LED's until after 1 miniute
REMINDER: ECW682 and ECD137 are SAFETY CERTIFIED by INTERTEK-ETL USING CSA STANDARD C22.2 NO. 128 UNDER FILE NUMBER 1009104.
DO NOT USE IN ANY OTHER APPLICATION EXCEPT FOR LAUNDRY MACHINES AND OTHER LOADS NOT EXCEEDING THE APPROVED CAPACITY. INDOOR USE ONLY. DO NOT MODIFY OR ALTER THE WIRINGS.
SmartCoinBox designed by a Landlord for Landlords is a DO IT YOURSELF (DIY) system.
The SmartCoin box is used to control the power flow to the washer or dryer through an electrical plug in. The SmartCoinBox would mount on the wall just above the laundry machine and the laundry machine would plug directly in the receptacle inside the SmartCoinBox.
We strongly suggest to have the smartcoinbox available for QUICK DISMOUNTING if service is needed
Mounting holes as shown below. Ensure that the panel is secure.